2019 Canada Winter Games (CWG) Team Manager
PLEASE NOTE: As the Coach position has been filled by a male the TEAM MANAGER position must be filled by a female as per Canada Games Regulations.
Reporting to the Badminton Nova Scotia High Performance Committee (BNSHPC) and working under the direction of the Badminton Nova Scotia (BNS) Executive Director and the Provincial Team Coach the Canada Winter Games (CWG) Team Manager will collaborate with the CWG Team Coach to ensure the successful organization and administration of team requirements including all pre-games logistics, coordination of travel, chaperoning of athletes during the 2019 Canada Winter Games (CWG) as well as wrap-up and reporting post Canada Games.
- Successful applicant must have experience establishing effective collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders which will include the BNS High Performance Committee members, BNS Executive Director, BNS Provincial Team Coach, Sport Nova Scotia Staff, BNS Canada Games Coach, Athletes, Parents,
- Successful applicant must possess and demonstrate strong organizational and task management skills.
- Previous experience organizing and managing projects considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the BNS Executive Director, Provincial Team Coach and Canada Games Coach as a liaison with Sport Nova Scotia/Team Nova Scotia on all preparations and requirements for participation in 2019 Games.
- Attend Provincial Team training and competitions and support team building, coordination of training and competition logistics.
- Participate in 2019 Canada Winter Games coach/manager meetings with BNS Executive Director and Coaches as required.
- Lead the procurement and sizing of all on court and off court clothing required by athletes, coach and manager for competing and representing Team Nova Scotia.
- Assist the BNS Executive Director and Canada Games Coach in providing CWG Team updates to the BNS High Performance Committee as required and requested.
- Attend the 2019 Canada Winter Games in Red Deer, AB and carry out all managerial and chaperone functions at the Games.
- Participate in developing reports and recommendations for the 2023 Canada Winter Games.
- Model and advocate the principles of True Sport and the NCCP Coach Code of Ethics.
Interested applicants may send a cover letter outlining their interest and qualifications along with their resume to Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th , 2018